At DataSQRL, we are building innovative open-source technology that empowers people to build streaming data and realtime AI applications with only basic SQL knowledge. We need your help to improve the core compiler component of DataSQRL which plans, optimizes, and translates the high-level SQL language into executables for each engine.
As a founding engineer, you have the opportunity to build an engineering powerhouse and set the technical direction for DataSQRL while working on innovative technology within an open-source community and supported by domain experts at DataSQRL.
Technologies You Will Work With
Our tech stack combines Apache Flink, Apache Calcite, Postgres, Apache Kafka, and Java. It integrates AI runtimes like ONNX and MLeap.
Americas and Europe. DataSQRL is a distributed company with a strong remote-work culture.
Skills We Value
- Stream Processing Frameworks: Developing continuous data flow and real-time processing engines.
- Query Engines: Knowledge of the relational model, query planning, query optimization, and query rewriting.
- Compiler Construction: Building and fine-tuning compilers.
- Language Processing: Expertise in parsing high-level languages. Experience working with transpilers and language servers.
- Logical Planning: Navigating abstract representations of high-level instructions.
- Connector Development: Ability to create connectors for external systems.
Qualities We Admire
- Analytical Thinking: Ability to dissect complex problems and identify the optimal solution path.
- Attention to Detail: Every line of code matters. Ensuring the precision and flawless functionality of compilers is paramount.
- Mentorship: Provides direction to junior engineers and fosters a safe environment for growth.
- Collaboration: Values the input of everyone on the team. Strives to have others feel safe and heard.
- Adaptability: Thrive in a dynamic environment with ever-evolving challenges and tech updates.
- Simplicity: Prioritize straightforward approaches, even in intricate systems.
Sounds interesting? Use the form below to apply! We'd love for you to join our team. See how you can supercharge your career at DataSQRL by growing your skills and growing a team of committed engineers in a safe, supportive environment.
To learn more about our unique company, culture, and how we work, visit our internal company website and see if DataSQRL is the right fit for you. Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about this position or DataSQRL in general.