At DataSQRL, we are building innovative open-source technology that empowers people to build streaming data and realtime AI applications with only basic SQL knowledge. A core part of DataSQRL is compiling SQL programs to Flink jobs and that's where we need your help.
You'll be working on the internals of two open-source projects - Apache Flink and DataSQRL - which means your contributions will have a big impact, you'll be working within supportive communities of domain experts, and there are plenty of fun technical problems to tackle.
Technologies You Will Work With
You'll primarily work with Apache Flink, Apache Calcite, and Java. Plus integration work with AI technologies like ONNX and MLeap.
Americas and Europe. DataSQRL is a distributed company with a strong remote-work culture.
Skills We Value
- Apache Flink: Understanding of Flink's internals (table & datastream API) and building with and on top of Apache Flink.
- Stream Processing Frameworks (in general): Developing continuous data flow and real-time processing engines.
- Open-source Development: Implementing complex software systems as part of an open-source community.
- Logical Planning: Navigating abstract representations of high-level instructions.
- Connector Development: Ability to create and abstract connectors for Apache Flink.
- Streaming DevOps: Running Apache Flink jobs in production.
Qualities We Admire
- Performance Engineering: Knowledge of high-performance computing and hardware efficiency. Every line of code matters.
- Adaptability: Thrive in a dynamic environment with ever-evolving challenges and tech updates.
- Analytical Thinking: Ability to dissect complex problems and identify the optimal solution path.
- Community Building: Fostering a welcoming, supportive, and safe open-source community.
- Communication: Communicating complex topics clearly to internal and external audiences.
- Simplicity: Prioritize straightforward approaches, even in intricate systems.
Sounds interesting? Use the form below to apply! We'd love for you to join our team. See how you can supercharge your career at DataSQRL by growing your skills and growing a team of committed engineers in a safe, supportive environment.
To learn more about our unique company, culture, and how we work, visit our internal company website and see if DataSQRL is the right fit for you. Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about this position or DataSQRL in general.