At DataSQRL, we are building innovative open-source technology that empowers people to build streaming data and realtime AI applications with only basic SQL knowledge. DataSQRL generates reactive API endpoints from user applications and we need your help to build the server engine that powers those endpoints on top of Eclipse Vert.x.
You will develop a customizable server engine that translates incoming API calls to pre-compiled database retrieval code for high performance execution of mission-critical data products. Your contributions will benefit the open-source community and make reactive data applications easier to implement.
Technologies You Will Work With
You'll primarily work with Eclipse Vert.x and Java. Plus integration work with AI technologies like ONNX and MLeap.
Americas and Europe. DataSQRL is a distributed company with a strong remote-work culture.
Skills We Value
- Reactive Java: Developing asynchronous server applications in Java and Eclipse Vert.x in particular.
- API Development: Designing and implementing GraphQL and REST APIs on the JVM.
- Java Ecosystem: Understanding of the Java build system, JAR packaging, and module systems for effective code organization and execution.
- Database Query Execution: Efficiently executing database retrieval operations from an API server.
- Code Generation: Generating runtime execution code from a high-level instruction set and embedding it in an application.
- Server DevOps: Running reactive Java applications in production with observability and DevOps tooling.
Qualities We Admire
- Performance Engineering: Knowledge of high-performance computing and hardware efficiency. Every line of code matters.
- Adaptability: Thrive in a dynamic environment with ever-evolving challenges and tech updates.
- Analytical Thinking: Ability to dissect complex problems and identify the optimal solution path.
- Community Building: Fostering a welcoming, supportive, and safe open-source community.
- Communication: Communicating complex topics clearly to internal and external audiences.
- Simplicity: Prioritize straightforward approaches, even in intricate systems.
Sounds interesting? Use the form below to apply! We'd love for you to join our team. See how you can supercharge your career at DataSQRL by growing your skills and growing a team of committed engineers in a safe, supportive environment.
To learn more about our unique company, culture, and how we work, visit our internal company website and see if DataSQRL is the right fit for you. Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about this position or DataSQRL in general.